Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where are we going with our desires?

I really feel the need to ask the question: What are your desires for life and where are they going to take you?

Allow me to share a few words about myself concerning these questions.
Recently I have been blessed beyond anything I could have imagined when God began to give me the desires of my heart for my life. My ideas and wants for my ministry have slowly developed over the past year and a half but as soon as I knew what I wanted from my ministry God has given me more than I had ever expected so soon in my time of desire. I have wanted to minister anywhere God calls me or directs me since the time of my calling to youth. I had no clue that it would potentially involve my home area. God has placed in my heart a love and passion to serve the youth of the nation in whatever way he lead me. God has now given me the opportunity to work with an amazing group of people this summer in which we are starting a new church. I can't believe that God has found me able to do such a great task. But at the same time, this is the desire I have been having grow within my being for the past 18 months.

Now I write this not to boast about what God has done for me but I write this to encourage you to seek God and find out what He desires of you concerning the Desires you have. So What I am saying is begin to focus your desires and your wants for your life around the things of God and seek Him in all things and ask Him to give unto you the Godly desires to see His kingdom advanced through your desires. because when we focus our whole being and hold nothing from Him, that is when He will begin to see that you are serious about what you are asking for and He will give unto you more than you ever imagined possible when you started having those desires. The things He has given to me and in the time He has given me is humbling and astonishing.

So I encourage you, and myself, to continue seeking Him and ask Him to give you the desires of your heart and remember to keep Him as the center of these desires. After that, just sit back and watch what He does for you. I can guarantee you will be blown away not only by His faithfulness but also to the vastness of what He give unto you.

I encourage you to read Psalm 37 and let God speak to you through this passage. Below is a link to Biblegateway.com of that passage.

Take heart ad be encouraged in Christ today and allow Him to work in you and through you in all things.

Love you all and God Bless!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+37&version=NIV

1 comment:

  1. So VERY true, my dear. I have no words to speak, but am simply humbled by everything God is laying out before our lives. I had NO idea life could be this beautiful. I love you sweetheart and I am so excited to see what this next year brings. This is just the beginning...

    ReplyDelete